Thursday, March 12, 2015

REVIEW OF "THE LAST MAN ON EARTH"

    When I saw the title for this show, I was immediately interested since one of my favorite books is the classic "Earth Abides"; however, the promos for the at-the-time yet-to-premier show made me skeptical as to whether it would be worth watching because the main character Phil Miller is sooooo disgusting to me: his drunkenness, slothfulness, destructiveness, slobbiness, et al, but I vowed to watch the first episode to give it a fair shot only because of my love for "Earth Abides". 

    After having watched almost all of the first show, I had firmly decided that I'd never watch it again. The Phil Miller character was just too vile and reminded me of a stereotypical Obamatard.  I thought, "If this is all this show is going to be is nothing but Phil Miller going around destroying things, getting drunk and crapping in a swimming pool, it can be that without me." Then Phil found Carol (Kristen Schaal). Schaall's character is the diamond found within a mound of manure. She's is brilliantly played by Schaall and the way she and Bill Forte play off each other is a pure delight to watch. My initial "firm" verdict was immediately reversed and upon watching the 2nd episode last night on Hulu, I was really glad I did.

I enthusiastically recommend this show to everyone.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH FACEBOOK PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment